News

Ben Affleck banned from Blackjack at Vegas casino

Ben Affleck banned from Blackjack at Vegas casino

TOO GOOD TO PLAY?: Ben Affleck has been "banned" by the Hard Rock Casino. Photo: Associated Press

By Piya Sinha-Roy

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – Actor Ben Affleck was banned from playing blackjack at a Las Vegas casino because he was “too good,” a source close to the Oscar-winner said on Friday.

Affleck, 41, was stopped earlier this week by security guards at the Hard Rock Casino in Las Vegas while playing blackjack because “you are too good,” the source said. He was told he could play other games at the casino.

Affleck, who won Oscars for co-writing 1997’s “Good Will Hunting” and producing 2012’s “Argo,” recently starred in last year’s crime thriller “Runner Runner,” where he played an online gambling tycoon.

The actor was on a short break in Las Vegas with his wife Jennifer Garner before he left to shoot Zack Snyder’s upcoming “Man of Steel” sequel where he will play Batman opposite Henry Cavill’s Superman.

An earlier story by celebrity news outlet TMZ.com said Affleck had been banned for life from the casino for counting cards, a method of using probability to predict the next hand.

A representative for the Hard Rock Hotel did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Friday.

(Editing by Eric Kelsey, Ronald Grover and Lisa Shumaker)

Recent Headlines

49 mins ago in Entertainment

Johnny Depp wigs out as Donald Trump in spoof biopic

Fresh
16-overlay-11

The Hollywood actor dons a Trump-style hairpiece to lampoon the presidential hopeful in the 50-minute comedy for Funny or Die alongside a star-studded cast including Alfred Molina, Henry Winkle

60 mins ago in Entertainment

Another ‘Harry Potter’ book in the works

Fresh
harrypotter

Fans will have the chance to read another installment in J.K. Rowling's wizard series when her new play is published as a book.

2 hours ago in Viral Videos

WATCH: Oh mother …

Fresh
23-overlay-3

Is it the worst "Family Feud" answer ever? Judge for yourself.

5 hours ago in Entertainment

‘Bad Boys 3’ is happening

willsmithmartin

Will Smith has promised fans "Bad Boys 3" will happen after meeting up with co-star Martin Lawrence for the first time in two years.