July 10, 2014
Saga Communications is seeking a promotions director and air personality for radio stations WHAI (AC) and WPVQ (Country) in Greenfield, MA. Applicants must be able to work with clients, agencies and promoters in developing exciting promotions and campaigns that benefit both the clients and the radio stations. On-air experience is required. Personal appearances and interacting with the audience are a large part of the position. Candidates should also be well versed in social media, and be able to represent the stations effectively on those platforms. Please send resumes and demos to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or mail them to Nick Danjer, Brand Manager, WHAI/WPVQ Radio, 81 Woodard Rd., Greenfield, MA 01301.
WHAI/WPVQ radio is an equal opportunity employer.
June 4, 2014
SENIOR IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST (FULL-TIME)
Support, aid and otherwise maintain all IT and technology based infrastructure for Saga Communications in Springfield, Northampton, Greenfield, Keene, and Brattleboro. This includes duties related to the entire Saga footprint as assigned by the Director of IT. The “regional” IT members work as an extended team, so duties are never truly limited to geographic regions.
Details of the position include:
- Knowledge of LAN and WAN support.
- Understanding of Windows Active Directory and Cisco routers, MCSE or CCNA preferred.
- Desktop support skills including the ability to support Exchange and Outlook.
- Experience with Symantec Backup Exec.
- Solid technical, writing, and communication skills.
- Quickly learning new processes, being a team player, and taking ownership of local IT operations as well as contribute to a team of IT engineers.
- Having three or more years experience in an IT environment which utilizes a Help Desk and support tools.
- Any experience on a helpdesk is a plus as is any industry experience.
- The desire to work in the Radio business.
- Weekly visits to all locations listed above, at a minimum of once a week.
- Expect to regularly work some nights, weekends, and additional hours for 6 months while you learn and take “ownership” of the radio industry and environments.
- Resources are available to support you while you start the position, you are a member of a team of Regionals with responsibility for their own markets. The position requires a strong self-starter and someone able to identify and request the information and knowledge that they do not possess.
- 45-55 hour a week position, with limited after hour and emergency on call requirements once you have ramped up to the position.
Our Strengths would include:
- Fun, fast paced, and positive work environment
- Outstanding support and IT staff
- Strong desire to help you succeed
- Excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, life, short term and long term disability, and 401k.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Saga Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.