Monday, October 13th 2014
6:00 pm - 9:30 pm
The Franklin Regional Council of Governments (FRCOG) will be running training for medical and non-medical personnel who want to volunteer in times of disaster.
The next MRC 101 training date is Monday, October 13th 6:00 pm to 9:30 PM.
The training will be held at the FRCOG offices at the John W. Olver Transit Center, 12 Olive Street in Greenfield, in the first floor conference room.
* Complete the MRC Training course and course evaluation.
* Complete a Application packet including policy and procedure agreements
* Credentialed and pass a CORI/SORI check
* Complete a Personal and Family Preparedness Plan
* Complete ICS/100 and NIMS/700 within one year of joining the MRC
* Complete CPR/First Aid training (if not already certified) within one year of joining the MRC
* Attend one MRC unit activity per year – training, meeting, or drill.
The MRC Training itself involves the following:
* Health, Safety and Personal Preparedness
* Vulnerable and Special Needs Populations
* Psychological First Aid
* NIMS and Incident Command Overview
* Points of Distribution (POD)
* Roles and Responsibilities of the MRC Volunteer