This page lists rules for various contests on radio stations WHAI and WPVQ. You may need to scroll down to find the rules you’re looking for.
2013 WHAI “$5000 CASH GIVEAWAY” OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
These are the rules governing the 5000 dollar giveaway on radio station WHAI. The grand prize is one lump sum payment of five-thousand dollars. This contest runs from September 9th, 2013 to November 4th, 2013.
1. There is no purchase necessary to become eligible to win.
2. To be eligible to win the cash prize, you must become one of the 200 “qualifiers” who will be entered into a grand prize drawing on November 4th, 2013.
3. WHAI will make a series of appearances at various area businesses between September 9th, 2013 and November 2nd, 2013. At each appearance, listeners may fill out a registration form. At each location, only ONE entry will be allowed per person. Listeners will not be permitted to fill out entry forms for friends or family. WHAI will randomly draw a minimum of 10 names at the end of each appearance. Those names will become qualifiers. These appearances will be promoted on WHAI ahead of time.
4. During the same time period, WHAI will periodically provide listeners with a “text in to win” word. Whenever a “text to win” word is aired, listeners will have 5 minutes to text that word to 77000. All texts received within the 5 minute window will enter a drawing, and one will be randomly selected as a qualifier. One of the text to win qualifiers each day will also win a $50 cash prize. The “text to win” words that offer the $50 prize will be identified as such when given out on the air.
5. Grand prize winner will be chosen from all 200 qualifiers through a random drawing on November 4th, 2013. Grand prize winner will be notified by phone the morning of November 4th.
6. WHAI contests are open to all eligible (location/state) 18 years or older tht have not won anything on WHAI in the past 30 days or any prize valued at $600 or more in the past 6 months. Only one winner per household is permitted within 30 days after a household has a winner. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
7. Employees of WHAI, Saga Communications of New England, and its ultimate parent company, Saga Communications, Inc., their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the (station) main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian. WHAI reserves the right to disqualify any winner if the contest rules have been violated in any way.
8. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
9. WHAI, Saga Communications of New England, Inc., it’s parent corporation, Saga Communications, Inc., their agencies, employees, and representatives absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from the “5000 Dollar Giveaway” contest or the prize awarded in said contest.
10. Winner is responsible for all taxes on prize awarded. Winner must fill out the appropriate tax forms at the WHAI studios, and provide a valid photo ID before receiving the prize.
11. Entrants must meet other legal requirements detailed in the official rules, to grant permission to use entrant’s name and likeness without compensation and to sign a release. This contest is subject to federal, state and local laws. All of WHAI general contest rules posted on the web site also apply to this promotion. WHAI reserves the right in its sole discretion to supplement or make changes to the rules of any contest at any time without notice and reserves the right to interpret the rules of any contest, and such interpretation shall be binding upon all participants.”
Full rules are available at whai.com or may be viewed at the WHAI studios, 81 Woodard Rd., Greenfield, MA during normal business hours.
GENERAL CONTEST RULES
These are the rules governing all contests aired on WHAI/WPVQ radio and on the whai.com and bear953.com websites, unless otherwise specified. In the following rules, WHAI/WPVQ means Saga Communications of New England, LLC, which owns WHAI and WPVQ radio:
1. No purchase is necessary to enter any contest.
2. To be eligible to win any prize on WHAI/WPVQ you must not have won anything on the station in the past 30 days or any prize valued at $600 or more in the past 6 months. Only one winner per household is permitted within 30 days after a household has a winner. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
3. Anytime you call the WHAI/WPVQ studios you assume that your call will be broadcast or recorded and you grant us permission to broadcast the call or record it for later broadcast.
4. As a winner of a WHAI/WPVQcontest your voice, name and/or picture may be used for promotional, broadcast, or internet purposes.
5. Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. WHAI/WPVQreserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
6. All winners of all contests are responsible for all taxes on prize awarded. All winners of a prize valued at $600 or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the WHAI/WPVQ studios prior to claiming prize. All winners will be sent a 1099 MISC federal tax form if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won exceeds $600.
7. In the event the winner is subject to or the subject of any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), WHAI/WPVQ delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as (station) awarding the prize to the winner. WHAI/WPVQ shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. WHAI/WPVQ shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
8. All WHAI/WPVQ contests are open to all eligible persons 18 or over (unless otherwise specified). Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant acceptable to WHAI/WPVQ that will be presented to WHAI/WPVQ and accepted before the prize is awarded. Employees of WHAI/WPVQ, Saga Communications of new England, LLC and its ultimate parent company, Saga Communications, Inc., their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the WHAI/WPVQ main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian.
9. Winners will be expected to claim prize at the WHAI/WPVQ studios, 81 Woodard Rd in Greenfield MA, between 8:00am and 5:00pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) within 30 days of being notified that they are winners, unless there is an expiration date on prize, which will be specifically stated.
10. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void where prohibited.
11. WHAI/WPVQ reserves the right to disqualify any winner if any contest rules are violated in any way.
12.WHAI/WPVQ, Saga Communications of new England, LLC, its parent corporation, Saga Communications, Inc., assumes no liability for situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest. WHAI/WPVQ,Saga Communications of New England, LLC., its parent corporation, Saga Communications, Inc., their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
13. As a licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, WHAI/WPVQ reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of WHAI/WPVQ management if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant.
14. WHAI/WPVQ reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. The judge’s decision is always final.
15. For any contest requiring phone entry you must use only the following number unless otherwise specified: (413) 774-6565 (WHAI) or (413) 773-9530 (WPVQ). For texting it is 77000. The person operating the telephone at WHAI/WPVQ has the final decision as to who is the winning caller.
16. WHAI/WPVQ shall have no responsibility for contestant’s inability or failure to participate, failure to win or claim any prize based on malfunction or difficulties with telephone, cell phone, texting, email, or internet access, or any other circumstances in any contest beyond Station’s control.
17. The following are specifically related to E-contests and E-Mail Club promotions on whai.com and bear953.com:
a. All appropriate information in required fields must be filled out correctly and completely or you will be disqualified.
b. To win a prize you must reside within the listening area of WHAI/WPVQ as defined at the exclusive discretion of WHAI/WPVQ management.
c. Any problems with the internet or email are not WHAI/WPVQ’s responsibility.
d. Contestants who register to participate on our website may be required to produce a printed copy of proof of registration before being allowed to participate in the contest.
e. Due to the nature of our programs that are heard on-line over the internet, contests may not be heard at all. Contests heard on the radio station’s internet audio stream may be slightly delayed from the time the contests are heard on the broadcast station, and will be running behind the broadcast signal. Thus, all contests heard are delayed. This delay can last for as much as 30 seconds or more. This means that when WHAI/WPVQ contests are played that require a specific caller to telephone the radio station (such as “Caller number 9 when you hear the sound effect”), listeners to the on-line audio stream may be at a disadvantage in participating over those listeners who hear the contests on-air.
18. A copy of these rules are available during business hours at the WHAI/WPVQ studios, 81 Woodard Rd., Greenfield MA.